July 22, 2012

30 Before 30

Is there a better way to start this blog than to take the next 45 weeks and actually prove whether or not I have the balls I claim?

In a completely unoriginal move, I've come up with a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. 30 things in the next 45 weeks. Some of them will take the entire time, some things will be one and done. I'll be asking for friends to help along the way and sometimes I may even make them join me!

Without further ado here is my list:

1. Weigh 160lbs (I'm currently at 175) (admitting my current weight should definitely have been on this list because that's terrifying. But a little over a year ago it was in the 200s so I'm proud of my loss so far!)
2. Achieve "Lifetime" with Weight Watchers
3. Write 30 letters: handwritten and snail mailed
4. Write at least one blog post a week
5. Go on one date a month (July is done, this starts in August)
6. Go shark diving in South Africa
7. Go zip lining
8. Take flying trapeze lesson
9. Complete a sprint tri in under 2 hrs
10. Take a dance class
11. {Walk/Run/Bike/Swim (any combination) 30 miles a week} This is being updated to be earn 30 activity points a week. With boot camp three days a week it's just too darn hard to fit in 30 miles in 4 days!
12. Pay off credit card
13. Learn conversational Spanish
14. Join Association of Fundraising Professionals
15. Take a grant writing class
16. Finish decorating my bedroom
17. Organize every inch of my apartment (Container Store here I come!)
18. Wear a bikini in public (a stomach showing one, no tankinis)
19. Start a tradition with my niece Emily
20. Make a savings/5 year plan (yep, I'm an adult now)
21. Take a cooking class
22. Take an improv acting class
23. Submit a short story for publication
24. Take a pole dancing class
25. Walk the stairs to the top of Sears Tower (I refuse to call it Willis)
26. Do a Polar Plunge
27. Ride one of the rides at the top of the Stratosphere in Vegas
28. Take a canoe trip
29. Cut off and donate hair to Locks of Love
30. Forgive. Admittedly this last one is vague, and will be ongoing in life, but there are things that hold me back. Things that I need to forgive in my heart right now, and my goal is to move past these and into the future without my current grudges. This way there will be plenty of room for new grudges and hatred as life goes on.

Wish me luck!

Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment